Saturday, February 15, 2014

Mixed Media Birthday Gift

Happy Saturday, everyone!  Just last week we took a two day drive up to Nebraska for my 91 year old grandfather's funeral.  It was incredibly sad and wonderful all at the same time.  Sad, for obvious reasons, but wonderful to get to see all of my family, which I hadn't seen in 7 years.  I even got to physically meet one of my nieces for the first time.  Being military, we always live far away, so I was thankful for the time last week.  I know my grandfather would have been joyful for that.

On another note, I have a mixed media project that I made for a friend's birthday.  It was such fun to make, so I really want more opportunities for such projects.  That, and the gift was very well received!  It was my friend Terri's birthday.  We became friends because of our kids and baseball, and they have become so close to us.  It will truly be sad to leave them when we move.

Sadly, this is the only good picture I have of my project, because in haste I took the pics and wrapped this puppy up.  I used canvas and canvas paints for the background and waited for that to dry.  I stamped my branch image from Bless Your Nest which is a Taylored Expressions set.  From there, I painted over the tree with various liquid pearls (because it's all I had, haha).  I added the die cuts that match the set called Bless Your Nest dies, and then stamped the sentiment onto Choice White cardstock.  The sentiment is from a different TE set called Friendship Blooms.  


I honestly love the way it turned out, and can't wait to make another project like it!  I'm entering it into the Sister Act Anything Goes challenge.  Go check 'em out, and thanks for stopping by :)

1 comment:

  1. This is a gorgeous mixed media card! Love the colors too

    Thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card challenge this week.

    -Angeline DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)