Monday, August 18, 2014

Plan.Journal.Play - a Planner made for Art Journaling

Hey there!  Did you have a productive weekend?  I feel like we really did.  We were finally able to empty the last of the boxes, and my craft studio is pretty much how I want it.  It could use some better organization of some of my stash, but at least it's all out of boxes and within arms reach.  Now to find what I need when I need it ;)

I also had an opportunity to work on a project that I've been excited about for quite a while.  I've been dabbling in Mixed Media for a little bit now; building up my stash, and working with and playing with it.  It's a fun thing to do, and a thing that will take lots of time to master.  I've watched lots of videos and played quite a bit.  Lots of things I've made I hate and a few things I love.  This planner goes in the 'things I love' category.  

I love reading Patter's blog, which is where I originally learned about the planner.  I took Lorraine Bell's Plan.Journal.Play class, and am so excited by what I feel I learned.  I definitely have a lot to learn, and and certainly used a lot of her techniques, but the more I play, the more I will learn and develop my own style.


 I really love how my tabs turned out.  I used some canvas paper along with an old labeler.  The planner is a Moleskine, and I used an old stamp from one of my past favorite companies (Clear Dollar Stamps).


The back is even pretty cool.  More than anything, I had fun making it.  So much so, that I want to make more, hehe.  The inside is just as cool, and I'll show a page in the next couple of days.


Stamps:  John 3:16 (CDS)
Ink:  Stazon
Accessories:  Moleskine planner, various acrylic paints, brick stencil from TCP, dots stencil from Tim Holtz, gesso, various pens, various ink misters

Thanks for stopping in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)