Saturday, January 3, 2015

Documented Life 2015: January 1, 2015


Happy New Year, everyone!  I hope your year is off to a great start!  We are fighting some sort of sinus bug in our house after traveling to California, but thankfully we are mostly on the mend. 

With a new year comes newness all around.  I'm going to be more intentional about sharing my mixed media projects, in the hopes that it will make me more accountable.  I started the Documented Life Project 2014 in the middle of the year, because that's just when I happened to find it.  I love trying new art mediums, but like with all things there have been some growing pains.  Most of my stuff is just 'unsharable' in my opinion, however, I love the process and like all things it will hopefully get better with time.  Once again, I am doing the Documented Life Project 2015 with the lovely ladies from Art to the 5th.  It's a great way to art journal your way through the year, and I encourage you to check it out!

Our first challenge was book paper and the January theme is the blank page and how to tackle it.  The journal prompt was 'Your own goal Keeper', and since I'm usually pretty private about that, I chose to hide mine under a black tag that I decorated.  


My main mediums were acrylic paints, although I did use some perfect pearls and water, which as you can see can make ink smear.  I don't care, because I like the look of it here.

Thanks for stopping in!

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year Cassie. What a wonderful mixed media page. Love the cheerful and happy colors. Well done girl. Everything goes together so well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)