Thursday, January 29, 2015

You're Sweet -- Color Throwdown #327

Hey Everyone!  I'm popping in today to show you a card for this week's Color Throwdown and this week's Simon Says Stamp 'anything goes' challenge.  I had some time after a bit of organizing (which I'm convinced was really only moving piles around), so I thought I would reward myself with some card making.  I have a few art journal entries to show you as well from the Documented Life Project 2015, but I just haven't taken the pictures yet.  Trust me, I've been keeping up even if my stuff isn't very good from week to week.

My card today uses a set from the January Studio Calico Card Kit.  I'm not quite sure if I'm in love with these kits yet. . .the jury is still out.  I've only used the stamp from this kit and managed to use some goodies from a past Simon Says Stamp Kit (those I do love).  I sprayed over a stencil with Copic marker BG49, and colored my fruit with Inktense pencils.  I still need to play around with those some more.  I don't believe I've very good at them, but they are interesting to me.

Stamps:  January 2015 Studio Calico set
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Paper:  turquoise cardstock, TE Sugar Cube
Accessories:  Inktense pencils, black embossing powder, SS Moroccan Stencil, purple twine, foam tape

Thanks for stopping in!

5 comments:

  1. Love your teal patterned background! Great use of the throwdown colors and so glad you were able to join us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous background with that yummy pineapple! This truly is a SWEET card, Cassie! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this Cassie! That pineapple is FABULOUS and totally pops against the teal background!! AWESOME! Thanks for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moving piles around....that IS organizing in my book!! LOL! Your card is so adorable and happy! I love it! Thank you so much for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute, Cassie...the background looks sooo awesome and I love that sweet little pineapple!!! Thanks for joining us this week at the CTD!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)