Monday, April 20, 2015

Documented Life Project Weeks 13-15

Happy Monday, friends!  I wanted to update you on my Documented Life Project.  It's my weekly art journal using prompts from the talented ladies over at Art 5 Academy.   Every Saturday, those lovely ladies offer up a journal prompt and show us what they've created, and it's free to join in.  Who doesn't love a free challenge?

I'm doing these a bit out of order, because my picture for week 13 is pretty bad/fuzzy, but I'm IN LOVE with my week 14 page!  Week 14s challenge was watercolor with the prompt being 'it's water under the bridge'.  I started out by gessoing the pages, then using my Dylusions sprays I put dots of color on the pages and then blew those around with a straw.  I drew in the bridge with a Stabilo pencil, and finished it off with by writing in the prompt.  I LOVE how it turned out, and it was fun.


Here is week 13.  I'm keeping the picture small, because the quality is pretty bad.  The challenge was to create your own element, so I made the boat out of washi tape.  The background was colored with my PanPastels over book text as the river banks.


Week 15 had me stumped for several days.  The challenge was acrylic paints.  I started out by putting tearing some under paper into tears, since the prompt was 'cry me a river'.  I tried doing some drips of acrylic paint, but it was just too much, so I toned it down with gesso.  I used a baby wipe to clean up the tear drops.  After tearing up more under paper, I made a river.  The edges needed something, so I used some modeling paste and smeared it over the edges and used a glaze.  The Stabilo pencil rounded it all out, and I ended up being pretty happy with the end result.


One of these days, I will film my process.  Thanks for stopping in!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely work, Cassie. I really like the encouraging quote and your interpretation of "Cry Me A River." Nice use of space and design. Love the bold colors on the last page. Thank you for the inspiration. Hugs K

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)