Monday, April 6, 2015

Happy Birthday!


Happy Monday, friends!  Today is actually my birthday, but my card is for my sweet nephew.  He's an April baby and a middle child like me ;)  I didn't make this card for any particular challenge, I was just inspired by this card by Laura Bassen, and wanted to make one like it.  My card uses a couple of Paper Smooches sets; Zoo Crew & Sentiment Sampler.  I haven't bought a new PS stamp in quite some time. . .I should really remedy that!

A little disclosure. . . the sentiment was an accident, and I don't think it was a happy one.  I originally stamped it in black and put what I thought was clear embossing powder on it.  In my haste, it turned out to be WHITE embossing powder, lol.  I tried to fix it and make it look 3D, but I'm not sure it worked.  Thankfully my nephew is young, so he won't mind.

I'm trying something a little different with my pictures.  Every time we move, I have the hardest time trying to find the best spot to take pictures.  As much as I enjoy new scenery, I do envy those that have a designated picture spot that NEVER changes.  Mine seems to change frequently as I try to figure out the best spot in each house.


All right, I need to run.  The kids have a dentist appointment and it's a bit rainy (happy birthday to me!)  Thanks for stopping in!

1 comment:

  1. Cassie -- Happy Birthday!!! Hope your day was blessed! This card is super cute and I think the sentiment looks cool, even if it was unintentional! (love it when that happens!) Sweet watercolor background, I like it, I like it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)