Thursday, June 25, 2015

We have a 15 year old now!


Hey everyone!  It's been a while since I last posted, but it's not from lack of creating.  We've been busy, and with no formal obligations to blog, I've been out of the loop.  I've been creating in my art journals, painting with my PanPastels, and generally just making whatever I want.  It's been liberating and fun!  

Last month my son turned 15. . .wow, it's been a bit hard to swallow but it's only because the older he gets, the closer he gets to leaving the nest.  He's my goofy kid, so I had to make a goofy card for him.  When I first got this squirrel in one of the kits from Studio Calico (which I no longer receive), I thought 'what the heck am I going to do with this?!'  It turned out to be the perfect focal point for my son's card.  As you can see I didn't do much stamping.  The sentiment is actually from a Simon Says stamp called Big Birthday Wishes.


He loved the card, and I'm pretty fond of it too.  Over the next couple of days I'll show you what I made for Father's Day, and hopefully I'll get a chance to create some stuff just for fun and show you that.  My husband has been home after graduating from a recent military college (about to start his second Masters), we've had some wonderful visitors, and I spent some time with my sister after she had her third baby.  As you can see, we've been keeping busy.  

Thanks for stopping in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)